Tuesday 19 May 2015

Lucy Week - 13: Improvements Based on Feedback

27/04/2015: Day 1 -  Workers City Final
I spent the whole day making the suggested improvements on the workers city. I started with adjusting the colours. Mainly breaking up huge spaces of colour with other, complimenting colours. Once I was finally happy with the colours, I then worked on the lighting. I worked on intensifying the spot-lights by adding light beams and making certain lights a very vivid cobalt blue. I worked in some more detail on the wardens in the foreground.
Finally I added more focus on the door at the end of the corridor. As all elements of the scene draw the eye to this point of the image because of its perspective I felt the vanishing point which becomes the point of interest should have more detail, so I adjusted the screen and brightened the corridor beyond the door.
This piece has been a struggle from the start, so I was so pleased to finally be happy with the end result.

28/04/2015: Day 2 – Maria improvements/Propaganda
I quickly designed a broach for Maria and added it to the final. I also worked on the seams of her clothing. This did add that bit more realism that I wanted the final images to be.

Next I wanted to improve the Catacombs final. To start I though I should design some more propaganda. I started with trying to think of slogans and memorable quotes that would go well with striking imagery. Below are the final results.

29/04/2015: Day 3 – Catacombs
Now that I had some propaganda to work with, I started to dress that catacombs scene with these images. After gathering some opinions, I worked on filling in some blank spaces, to improve the composition of the piece. I added some more lights to further add to the composition but to create even more of an atmosphere as this whole area has no natural light. I think this added lighting really helped make that fact more obvious and really emphasized the purpose of this area.





30/04/2015: Day 4 – Lab Colours
I went back to the Laboratory final as I felt the colour were looking a little washed out. I decided to break up the image with key colours for the specific areas. As his study area is lit by natural light, I thought is makes scene to make the colours of this area warmer. This then helped when adjusting the colours for the rest of the scene.


01/05/2015: Day 5 –  Thin Man and The Inventor
I spent today working on the Thin and Inventor improvements. I started by brightening up the Monocle. It was already a very vivid acid green. However as it was semi transparent, it appeared a lot darker in the final image so I decided to give it a slight glow. I think this added a nice touch to the final image.

For thew thin man I added the seams to the coat and also the gold trim around the foot of his boots. The gold trim really helped in breaking up the silhouette of the boots. 

No comments:

Post a Comment