Tuesday 19 May 2015

Lucy Week - 11: Lab Final Concept

13/04/2015: Day 1 – Photobashing
I started to photobash textures and begin to add the detail to the scene. I find using texture photos is a great way to quickly add detail to an image, that can then be worked on further to suit the scenes lighting etc. However, it was pointed out to me, that maybe I could have added the textures in 3dsMax to the model to save time. I’ll definitely keep this in mind for future projects.


14/04/2015: Day 2 -  Added 3D detail
Once it came to adding more assets such as control units, I found it hard to gauge the right perspective for mainly the ground floor control center. So I wet back to 3dsMax and added more assets to help with speeding up the designing process.

I took other screenshot of the new and improved whitebox ad merged them in with the current one, and everything matched up. This made adding thew other assets a lot easier.


15/04/2015: Day 3 – Further work
Once these where in and designed, I then went on to the more smaller details. These are little hints to the story behind the image. For the upper study area I added a bunch of blueprint sketches, and studies of anatomy mounted on the walls. As the inventor is mainly working on the robot Hel, I thought it would make sense that the majority of his work and study revolves around the human forms and making it come to life. I also added a lot of wires to the scene, just to give it that manic essence, which is reflected in the inventor characters personality himself.   


16/04/2015: Day 4 – Colour
Now I had all the details down it was time for my favorite part of an environment piece, colour. I still struggle with colour but I’m determined to get better with understanding how is works and more so, better techniques to colour in PhotoShop. Below is what I ended up with after a day of colour.


17/04/2015: Day 5 - details

Now that I had colour done. I went on to play with lighting and filters. I wanted the image to appear fairly warm and rich in colour but still quite dark with an interesting lighting scenario. I wanted to have natural light in the image but there is a lot of glowing equipment, screens and light. I managed to pull off a good balance of the two light sources.

No comments:

Post a Comment