Tuesday 19 May 2015

Lucy Week – 12: Tweaks and Feedback

As we had to have the book printed we decided to have everything done 2 weeks prior to the final deadline. This was to ensure we definitely would have the book ready for hand in. Based off of our tester books, which were smaller than we were planning to have for our final, we though 2 weeks would be a good amount of time as the smaller book took just under a week to arrive. This meant we had two to three weeks left until we should send the book to Blurb.
I decided to look back at my work and work out what needed to be improved. My main priorities were the environment finals mainly the workers city. So I started with this. I felt that the colour were not working well, and to me the image didn’t appear too readable.
I also started to organise and thin about what each chapter should have. For example I decided that the characters should have a range of the different stages of their clothing as well as a headshot and their final concept pieces. These needed to be improved also, mainly the backgrounds to reflect them as a character and add to the final image.
By the end of the week we had to present what we had so far to the tutors for feedback. We put togetehr a powerpoint presentaytion of all the work we had. We mainly got a positive reaction to the work we produced ad I was given a few pointers on how to improve:
-          -- Workers city: Work on foreground and back ground distinction, try adjusting the colours further to break up large surface areas, make exit door focal point with lighting, add brightly coloured lighting that compliments the scene.
-          -- Maria final concept: Add a broach or pin to add some detail to her coat, think of how the garments are made and add seams and signs of how they’re put together.
-           -- Catacombs: Propulate!
-          --  Thin man final: Add gold to the boots the break up the silhouettes, think about seams and how the clothes are made.
-           -- The Inventor: Think about other colours, for the monocle eye piece, make it stand out from the rest of his clothing.

I wrote down all these improvements to then make a detailed ‘To Do’ chart. I did this to help organise my time and to map out exactly what needs to be done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment