Monday 2 March 2015

Lucy Week 6 - Workers City continued

16/2/2015: Day 1 – Sketching and White-boxing
I started the day by looking over the photo-bashes I had done and with further understanding of the city mechanics and layout, I used these sketches to start white-boxing some scenes.
Below are the sketches.

I managed to create a white-box for the track platform as well as an exterior area . I may adjust a few things as I go through the design process but I feel this is a good base to start with.




17/2/2015: Day 2 – photo reference gathering
After a lot of discussion about the structures and beginning to understand the 3D form with my first white-box I decided that gathering further reference would help inspire my designs when it came to 3D modeling.

18/2/2015: Day 3 – discussion of dining area
Today I had a discussion with a tutor regarding the workers city and the mechanics of it. We suggested really looking into how the workers are regulated and literally kept in line. One idea he suggested was a production line style way of feeding the workers. So they each had a certain amount of time to eat food. It’s very cut throat and oppressive in manor, but I can see how metropolis would be run like this I’m going to explore this idea further with some research and white-boxing.

19/2/2015: Day 4 – White-boxing
I started a new scene and began to white box. After discussing further, how the elites organize and force workers to perform efficiently. The workers time and movements are heavily regulated, traveling from place to place within the workers city. This area I’ve began to white box is the entrance from the workers residential area. This is a main hall that lead the workers into tunnels that take them to where they need to go. These areas are guarded and regulated by guards and signs, and are highly systematic. I want to show this through the linear layout and markings directing the crowd. 


20/2/2015: Day 5 – Sketching over white boxes
I created a couple more whiteboxes and began to sketch over them. below are the results


Next I plan to take a couple of these further and see i fi can begin to pick out a final for the workers city.

No comments:

Post a Comment