Monday 9 February 2015

Lucy Week 4 - Playing catch up

2/2/2015 Day 1 – Thin Man finalising
As I’m still away I couldn’t get as much work done as I’d of hoped, but I finally think I found a design that I liked. It still need more finalizing but I feel I’ve finally had a break through and found our thin man. He has a slight 1920’s feel which I like as its almost a homage to the original film that was made around that time.  Below are my near final ideas.



4/2/2015 Day 3 – Tying up loose ends…again
Now that I’m back and in the right place for work, I’ve spent today finishing off some things for Maria as well and finalizing the colour for the catacombs final. I’m doing to obviously try and get back on track with the time scale we have but to also order the work I’ve done to start working out the layout for my pages in the book. The sooner I can do this the easier it will be to make future work fit the proportions for the size book we have chosen. Below is the finished stuff I did for Maria today. 


5/2/2015 Day 4 – Tying up loose ends…again part 2
Today I managed to finish off the final concept piece for Maria. With the time I have I think it’s as good in terms of quality as I can do. I’m really happy with it and it has the desired look and feel I was aiming for.



I also modelled the theatre building based in the catacombs in 3DsMax. This was to get more of an in depth sketch of the building, to help understand the structure more. This building was originally a theatre but now is home to the secret meetings of the workers. This also made me think of symbolism and imagery that represents the workers. This imagery would be spread everywhere amongst the workers to boost morale and give them a much needed voice. So I decided to begin research into anarchy symbols and propaganda art.



6/2/2015 Day 5 – Tying up loose ends…again part 3
Today I continued with the symbolism for the workers. I decided to design a simple symbol that could be carved, drawn and printed. I thought of using the letter ‘W’ as it stands for the word workers. The symbols will be based around this shape and I also am thinking of how the city of Metropolis showcases itself. I feel I could then use this for the worker as they would defile any imagery they produce and possibly turning round the ‘M’ of Metropolis to make a ‘W’ as a sign of rebellion. Below are some the ideas.


 Now that I had a symbol decided on I could continue another image for the interior of the theatre. Below is the finished result.


 Finally for today, I decided to do a final headshot for Maria just to further understand her character. I also decided to do a map of the catacombs, which are a network of underground subways. Below was the result I came up with.


I'm going to add more graffiti and markings on the map to make it seem more worn; but for now this gets the general idea across


No comments:

Post a Comment